- This event has passed.
What Does Arts Research Look Like at UW-Madison?
September 25, 2017 @ 10:00 am - 11:30 amFree
The primary goal is to reflect and discuss strategic ideas about the enhancement of arts research as it is happening at UW-Madison. Whether one is engaged in arts practice as method of inquiry; historical research through curation; arts in science research; arts educational research; arts impact studies; or anything related to the arts – this amounts to an aspect of arts research where the arts are involved in creating new knowledge across campus.
With this in mind, invited practitioners and leaders in arts research will discuss what arts research looks like at UW–Madison in the context of national and international conversations.
- Lea Jacobs, Associate Vice Chancellor for Arts & Humanities
- Laurie Baefsky, Executive Director of a2ru
- Sherry Wagner-Henry, Director of the Bolz Center for Arts Administration
- Ahna Skop, Associate Professor of Genetics
- John Baldacchino, Director of the Arts Institute
We want to facilitate further opportunities, where we become a resource for colleagues in arts research and related fields where they take ownership and develop research and actively participate in Chancellor Blank’s strategic vision for the enhancement and further growth in research across UW–Madison.