Call for Proposals
Please see call documents and guidelines at right.
- The deadline for the call for proposals for Summer 2018 Courses has been extended. Proposals are due Thursday, November 30, 2017 by noon.
- The call for pre-proposals for Fall 2018 & Spring 2019 Interdisciplinary Arts Residencies has now closed. Successful pre-proposals will be invited to be submitted as full proposals due Thursday, November 9, 2017. Please note: Residencies may be proposed by academic departments or by officially recognized interdepartmental programs, centers, and institutes. Proposals may not be submitted by the artists themselves.
- Fall 2018 and Spring 2019 Call for Pre-Proposals & Proposals (PDF)
- Pre-Proposal Cover Sheet (.docx)
- Proposal Cover Sheet (.docx)
- Proposal Budget Worksheet (.xls)
- Updated! Interdisciplinary Arts Residency Program Artist Handbook (PDF)
- New! Best Practices Guide (PDF)
- Call for Summer 2018 Course Proposals (PDF)
- Course Proposal Cover Sheet (.docx)
Successful interdisciplinary residencies require engagement and excitement from a variety of departments and their faculty, staff, and students. Significant planning and relationship building occur before the residency proposal is submitted for Executive Committee approval. The Arts Institute is committed to working with departments to develop successful proposals, and we suggest contacting us as early in the process as possible.
Emily Lewis, Interdisciplinary Arts Residency Program Coordinator is available for consultation, including providing examples of prior successful residency applications, and reading and offering feedback on drafts of the proposal at email@example.com or 608-890-2196.