Facts and Figures
- During the 2015-2016 academic year, over 40,000 people participated in Arts Institute-specific programs.
- More than 60 first-year live in the Creative Arts and Design Learning Community “The Studio” on an annual basis since its founding in 2012.
- The Arts Institute awarded eight faculty, staff and students a total of $79,500 and recognized other major arts-related awards from across campus during the annual Awards in the Creative Arts in May 2016.
- The Wisconsin Film Festival screens an average of 150 films annually and is the largest university-managed festival in the nation.
- In 2015, the Wisconsin Film Festival established annual children-friendly programming called Big Screens, Little Folks.
- The 2013 report from the Greater Madison Convention and Visitors Bureau
determined the economic impact of the Wisconsin Film Festival was $1.17
- The Interdisciplinary Arts Residency Program, founded in 1999, has offered a total of 35 residencies. It originated as the Arts Residency program in 1995.
- New to the Arts Institute in 2015, the Madison Early Music Festival (Medieval, Renaissance, and Baroque music) celebrated its 17th anniversary in 2016 with the theme "Shakespeare 400: An Elizabethan Celebration."